We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Nanopolix!

facade
facade Posts: 8,193 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
edited 29 July at 10:09PM in Motoring

I've just seen this on youtube.

It looks fantastic! A normal looking microfibre cloth that you just wave over scratches and they disappear like A.I. generated video magic!

They even tried it on a car with a rip & dent in the metal and the panel looked like brand new with just one wipe.

Clearly we are being fleeced by "bodyshops" charging thousands for bodywork repair when all they must do is a single wipe with one of these cloths….

Should I get one, I'm a bit concerned as to what sort of protection I would need from those powerful nanoparticles, surely they can't be safe against your skin? 🤣🤣

(It is an obvious scam, I hope no-one here falls for it)

I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
«13

Comments

  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 7,122 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • Iceweasel
    Iceweasel Posts: 4,959 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    It's Nanobolox.

  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 33,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Trying to buy some but they do not sell the cloth in my paint colour. :(

    Strange that a channel with 3million subscribers is allowed to keep posting fake product reviews. The one I watched
    had the guy in a car where the mouth did not properly match the words. Also the background made it look like he
    was reversing down the highway and then it looked like he was moving forwards and then reversing again.

    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

  • Goudy
    Goudy Posts: 2,615 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 30 July at 7:06AM

    I think it works perfectly but Nanopolix don't sell you everything you need to remove your scuffs and scratches.

    You have to head over to Ollivanders and get the special activation stick.

  • WellKnownSid
    WellKnownSid Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    That's it, I'm ordering one. Mind you, I am still waiting for these to arrive:

    • My "free internet" box that's disrupting the greedy telecommunications sector
    • My lawn and weed trimmer that's taking the market by storm and can mow a field in minutes
    • My power washer that only needs water and is so powerful the authorities are trying to ban it
    • My lunchbox sized air conditioner invented by the student whose Mother was stuck in a Manchester flat in 50 degree heat facing a $4,000 repair bill for broken air conditioning, that can chill a Wildberries sized warehouse in 30 seconds
  • facade
    facade Posts: 8,193 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 30 July at 10:11AM

    My lunchbox sized air conditioner invented by the student whose Mother
    was stuck in a Manchester flat in 50 degree heat facing a $4,000 repair
    bill for broken air conditioning, that can chill a Wildberries sized
    warehouse in 30 seconds

    Not to be confused with the lunchbox sized heater also invented by a student, that heated his entire university from below zero to 20 degrees in 30 seconds!

    There is also the "military technology torch" (designed by an ex-SAS member) so powerful that it can instantly start fires.

    It costs thousands to advertise these things on youtube, so there must be a huge number of people that do buy them and not take advantage of the "money back guarantee" (maybe you have to send the item back to China yourself first, and with our postage rates it isn't worth it)

    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

    (except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • ButterCheese
    ButterCheese Posts: 950 Forumite
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper

    I think this was one my elderly Dad fell for, or very similar to it. He's normally very bright but saw this cloth impregnated with some special concoction and ordered one. By the time he had ordered his "£14.99" set of cloths, they had added an extortionate P&P amount, and taken 2 orders instead of 1 (he would never buy 2 and insists he didn't add 2 to his cart). I think £40 odd was taken from his account.

    There was then an anxious wait for about 4 weeks with no contact from the seller a few attempts to query/cancel. Eventually 1 set of cloths arrived which were basically just soaked in some sort of sandy oily substance, and didn't even work very well. He has learned his lesson!

  • facade
    facade Posts: 8,193 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I still have a bottle of Colormagic polish under the sink from many years back. It came in various colours, black, red, blue, green etc. The theory was that instead of drying white in all the scratches making them stand out, it dried the same colour as the paint and helped hide them by not drawing the eye to them as much.

    It wasn't as white, but mine dried nowhere near black….

    I've always been a sucker for Magic Fluids that you just puff a couple of squirts near the car, then wipe with a soft cloth to leave a diamond hard deep glossy shine that resists bird poo, tree sap and chem-trail fall out for 12 months.

    There must be dozens of faded part used bottles & squirters decomposing in the back of the garage, not a single one of them has ever worked….

    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

    (except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,468 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    I've got one of those magic bottles of Ultra-Hard-Anti-Everything sprays - no idea where it came from, I'm a throw the car at the dodgy car wash every 3 months when it gets very grimy sort of person.

    Does a good job of waterproofing the wooden planters.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.