We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Kroo new app and website

steven141
steven141 Posts: 530 Forumite
Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
edited 28 July at 9:16PM in Budgeting & bank accounts

Kroo have updated their website and app to have a purple colour now. I'm not sure how I feel about it. The app is the same otherwise apart from a font change.

«1

Comments

  • jbrassy
    jbrassy Posts: 1,056 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Is there any benefit to Kroo any more? They used to offer competitive interest on balances, but now I don't know what the point of holding the account is.

  • danny13579
    danny13579 Posts: 1,885 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 29 July at 12:31PM

    I closed my Kroo account over a year ago. They're still not a member of CASS! Uncompetitive interest rates. I see no point to Kroo's existence. It will take more than changing the website and app to purple to tempt me back.

  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic

    I use Kroo as it pays interest on the current account and have my income paid into it, that's all I use it for.

    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 11,777 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 29 July at 12:59PM

    I just use it as a holding account for funds as the interest is decent for an easy access account, you can drip feed it into regular savers if you want so you get the double interest

    Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness: 

    People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.

  • steven141
    steven141 Posts: 530 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    I use it for my spending money. I use the pots to organise the money and the current account balance earns interest. I spend with my Lloyds Ultra Credit Card and pay it iff in full every month.

  • confederated
    confederated Posts: 159 Forumite
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper

    I don't know about anyone else, but the Kroo app on my Android phone is the slowest app I have ever used. It's like wading through molasses. I only use it to store a small amount of money that I would normally use a pot for somewhere else, but my bank, RBS, doesn't do interest on pots and LHV doesn't do standing orders - unless that has changed recently.

  • steven141
    steven141 Posts: 530 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 30 July at 11:49AM

    I'm using an Android app and it works ok. It isn't any slower than my other banking apps. Have you updated to the latest software version?

  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic

    I don't get any lag from the app either

    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • confederated
    confederated Posts: 159 Forumite
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper

    From pressing the Kroo icon it is taking around 30 seconds to open the app, including authentication. If I click on any of the icons along the bottom of the screen it take 6 seconds before the new page appears.

    I'm using version 3.94+9385 on a Google Pixel 10 Pro XL.

    Have a read of the reviews of the Kroo app on Google Play. There are many complaining about how slow it is. I have several banking apps and they are all pretty snappy compared to Kroo.

  • steven141
    steven141 Posts: 530 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling? (Make sure that you know your login details)

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.