We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Leaving Sky, is there wifi tv with record function?
Comments
-
I have the basic Q package (called TV Essentials) for £16 rolling month, and £5 for 'multiroom', so £21 pcm total. It's basically freesat via the sky kit. I feel like it's still worth the money for the Q functionality and UI. Only annoying bit really is the channel listing has loads that you can't watch.
For additional viewing, Now TV from the same family obviously was doing a special, £8.99 pcm. Which is HD and gets the Atlantic stuff et al, more than enough to be going on with. It's through the app on the TV, but tolerable. It was actually only £2.99 with ads on standard definition.
0 -
Thank you, I think as I do not need the multiroom I will switch to Freesat rather than staying with Sky and paying for something that would with a different box be free! I am now looking at the setup mentioned above, and different freesat boxes so that I can simply use the existing cables, which will pay for itself in a very short time.
0 -
Yes, you can record from the freesat broadcast channels (just like with a Sky Q box).
I mentioned the feature of going backwards just as an extra.
I don't know of one which allows you to capture a local copy of an on-demand streaming progreamme though.
1 -
Thank you, I will be going to town to try and get a freesat box at the weekend, then its goodbye Sky very soon
0 -
My Freesat recordable 4k 2TB box was a straight swap for the Sky Q (same LNB at the aerial supporting 4 simultaneous channels).
I think I bought it from Argos.
I'm not sure what the current models are, but beware that some don't support the Sky Q LNB (ie. 4 channels), so be sure to check compatibility.
I went from Sky Q, but I see you're going from Sky+, so you'll likely have older LNBs in your aerial which only allow 2 channels(?), but they can be replaced if you want the 4 channels.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards