We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Help ref current accounts
Comments
-
thank you unfortunately it’s not a current account so I can’t close my current,current account as per the small print but my issue is with the lack of reward to coventry customers
0 -
I'm trying to get my head around what it is you actually want.
You have an account that isn't a current account with Coventry, but you treat it as a current account, it does everything you need of a current account, but because of some small print can't close it. 🤔
You are unhappy that Coventry customers aren't being rewarded and that the Co-op switch offer is constantly being promoted to you by Coventry, and you've complained to Coventry about this.
You're looking in to availing of one the current switch offers but aren't prepared to open a current account.
So you don't want to (or can't?) move from Coventry, you don't want to open a current account (so are ineligible for any switch offers), you just want a reward from Coventry? 🤷
4 -
basically yes I am of an age I don’t want to open a new current account. Yes I feel coventry customers should be rewarded too. Even if I opened a current account with the co-op I couldn’t gain the reward because the account I have (and use to pay all DD’s and bills) does not qualify as a current account as coventry call it a savings account. As a coventry member of over fifty years I personally feel it’s a little unfair. The intention was to gain other views. My apologies to all it was never an intention to offend anyone
0 -
Your account type was originally a current account, and you probably could switch it out to a different bank for a bonus because, as I've explained above, Coventry BS are part of the switching scheme, as explained on their website. If you don't want to do that then that's your choice, but it doesn't give you any cause for a valid complaint.
0 -
I don't think anyone could possibly be offended by what you're saying. It's all just a little confusing.
In an ideal world banks would reward loyalty like yours. But it's not an ideal world and loyalty to banks doesn't pay. It may feel unfair but that's how it is.
Many of us on here recognise this and have no loyalty to any banks. We regularly move accounts to banks that serve our needs better and offer us more attractive rates, do switches to leech as much cash out of the banks as possible, and have no hesitancy in ditching them as soon as they've served their uses. Getting rewards out of banks is a game and you need to learn the rules if you want to play it.
If Coventry are providing with you with all you need from a bank (e.g. the facility for you to pay your DDs and bills), why do you suddenly feel the need to get a reward from them after 50+ years of being a satisfied customer?
2 -
thank you just the unfairness
0 -
Yes, it's unfair. But that's the way it is. If you want to get rewards from banks you need to be utterly ruthless in dealing with them.
1 -
Keith1001 Can you confirm that the account you hold with Coventry is the MoneyManager account?
0 -
yes it is however I am probably going to drop this, reconsider and most likely move my accounts.
0 -
There's nothing at all preventing you from opening a current account elsewhere, leaving your other accounts as they are now. OK, you won't get a switching bonus just for this. BUT you then have a current account that you can switch and get a switching bonus at that point. You can then repeat switching if you want to!
Just don't set up in your mind what YOU think should happen and then be disappointed that it doesn't. Look at what's actually available rather than what you consider would be nice.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
