We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Help ref current accounts
Comments
-
I know that Coventry now own COOP bank but this changes nothing to what I posted already. Not sure what you are complaining about - you are totally free open a COOP account if you so wish, and switch a current account from another bank to it.
Your existing Coventry account is not classed as a current account, and not part of the CASS system which is required for current account switching.
As an aside, whilst it is not common that savings accounts can support SOs or DDs, the Coventry MoneyManager account is by no means unique. But it doesn't make such accounts current accounts.2 -
ok wow not sure if I’m miss reading this. Yes you are right I can do that if I wish BUT my issue is it’s coventry members money used in whatever way generated the finances to obtain the co-op, as previously stated I do not have a current account so can not obtain any bonuses as I can not close a current account I do not have, if that was the driving force behind it. I was happy with the coventry until every time I logged in I saw the advertising offering £300 to loyal customers
1 -
Do the bonus rules apply to business accounts anyway? The Co-op switching offer specifically references personal accounts in the terms and conditions and I would imagine that others may be the same.
All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.
Pedant alert - it's could have not could of.0 -
The Money Manager Account used to be a current account; I believe it was called the Coventry First account. It's long been withdrawn from sale to new customers. Coventry Building Society are part of CASS, the Current Account Switch Service, and they've published this guide to switching on their website:
Switching an account | Savings help
1 -
So maybe the OP has a point, CovBS and Co-op are signed up to CASS, the MoneyManager account is current account-like, why not allow the switch?
1 -
no to best of my knowledge just personal
0 -
my apologies I seem to have offended you for that I am sorry yes I know I can open an account and drink my fill. I do not want to do that for reasons you don’t need to know, maybe I am sensitive but you appeared to have an issue with me. But I still appreciate the time you took
0 -
Not seen in the thread so far, has the OP actually asked Co-op if they will accept a Coventry MoneyMinder account to be swapped for the bonus payment?
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


