We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Lebara 50% discount disappoints!
I'm with Lebara month by month renewal. Five years of loyalty.
I've recently been a very low user, due to buying a rival SIM deal, and was considering leaving Lebara. Suddenly Lebara gave me extra free data that I don't use.
Next I got an SMS of an exclusive offer to "enjoy 50% off for 3 months…no need to do anything….automatically added to your account".
I'm not surprised I got a price reduction, as my usage had dropped off dramatically.
What did surprise and disappoint me 🤬 was a month later getting an SMS that "due to a technical error, a 50% discount was incorrectly applied to your account.
So Lebara, I'm ready to part company with you. Or can I enforce the offer Lebara made? Just not worth the hassle time to me.
What do you think?
Comments
-
Loyalty is a concept you'd be best to forget when dealing with any corporate entity.
Unless that Lebara deal is worth significant cash then I wouldn't give yourself the grief of persuing it.
2 -
As a low user I use 1p (thanks to this forum) which backs off EE I believe. £10 for 2 months ie £5 a month.
No silly offers, no hassle, easy to read website and they answer emails promptly Mon to Fri.
They do have bundles and such but despite being housebound for 6 weeks with phone and text a lot I still didn't use all my credit. But easy to check on the site.
For a while I had another phone with a free to use SIM through Vodafone and every day there were messages about social media and top ups which I didn't owe, it drove me nuts and turned me off joining them.
I can rise and shine - just not at the same time!
viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on
The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well
2 -
I really don’t like these short term discounts and then up to normal price for rest of term. I much prefer whole term discount. Which is why me and my family use Smarty. We’re on something like 60gb data for around £8 a month on a rolling 30 day contract. The service is good, the price has never gone up and I think the value is as good as it gets. 50gb is as good as unlimited data as I never get anywhere near that and I doubt 99.% of us would ever need more than that.
2 -
I used THM for my low use and put £5 6 months ago for the 1p deal and haven't put any more on since as it's used as a tracker SIM and I still have £4.82 credit on it and it's still working
0 -
Was that the Talk Home Penny Pro plan?
Don't think it's on sale any more (at least not from their website).
What's the tracker? Only using 18MB in 6 months in a GSM tracker is very impressive.
0 -
https://mobile.talk-home.com/sim-only-deals/payg
0 -
Indeed, the Penny Pro SIM is there to activate, but not to buy.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


