We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Tyre / wheel issue
Comments
-
I'd probably replace them as a pair and also inspect the rears. Don't skimp on tyres when you buy new ones and inspect & pressure test regularly
In that size I'd go for these
0 -
That tyre is also closing rapidly on 11 years old. Look bottom-and-centre, there's "5015" in an oval. Week 50, 2015 manufacture date.
It owes nobody anything.
The state of both rim and rubber… Yeh, that is definitely some very heavy-duty touch parking.1 -
A tyre with rim protection is going to do nothing for the OP. It looks like they’re driving fully into kerbs, not grazing them when parking.
I’m going with a spam post anyway. Nobody is seriously asking this kind of question.
1 -
I’m going with a spam post anyway. Nobody is seriously asking this kind of question.
Have to agree with that, the OP hasn't been back either.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
1 -
In future, I’d use the brakes to stop the car instead of using the kerb.
I can’t believe you’d have damage to the wheel and tyre like that without knowing you’d done it.
As others have said, I’d replace the tyre immediately but if it has been fine so far, I’d drive it there but would avoid high speeds.
0 -
I think it needs far more than a Rim protection.
Life in the slow lane0 -
I find it hard to understand why people drive their cars with tyres in that condition
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards