We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Co-op Bank online issue.

2»

Comments

  • bendipa
    bendipa Posts: 200
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Only the Co-op site is causing a problem. A week ago it was fine, and I use it most days. No other important website, financial or otherwise is currently causing me an issue other than logging into HMRC, but that's a separate issue which has been ongoing for months. The issue is the same whether I use Linux (my main system) or Windows 10. I have Firefox 152.0.4 and Chromium 150.0.7871, and MS Edge 150.0.4078. Same issue on all of them.

  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,869
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 5 July at 10:06PM

    If it's happening across operating systems and browsers, it certainly does point to being Co-op's end rather than yours. It's odd the log in appears to work but then it hangs. When you phone in does the automated telephone system successfully access your accounts and read out last 6 credits and debits? That might help the bank spot where the "block" is. Complete reset of internet banking might be needed.

  • bendipa
    bendipa Posts: 200
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 6 July at 3:03PM

    My online current account is finally accessible today. I did not change a thing in my browsers. I'm surprised one person who claimed they could access their online current account did not have the same problem as me. I went down to my local library on Saturday and tried from their computer and still the same thing. So it was the Co-op bank's website all along, as I suspected. I'm considering making a complaint, although I doubt it will do any good.

    This is the 2nd time in the last 5 years that this issue occurred, and the previous time the Co-op bank said it wasn't them, although that problem took longer to resolve than the 2 weeks issue I had this time. I'll probably stay with them for now as overall they've been a good service over the years. But I do get pretty p1ssed off when I know they're lying about a problem with their website..

  • erin110
    erin110 Posts: 97
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    I am having the EXACT same issue with the EXACT same fob off and being told its just impacting me… it started Sunday night 4th July

    I am a Mortgage Broker
    This site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • subjecttocontract
    subjecttocontract Posts: 3,824
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I've had no problem accessing my Co-op bank account. Have logged on 2 or 3 times over the past week.

  • kaMelo
    kaMelo Posts: 3,126
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Over the last week or so sometimes the site was really slow, I managed to get done what I wanted to albeit it took much longer than it should. I've not had the problem where it hung completely and then showed an error.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.