We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Does anyone know the estimated finish time for Barclay's making their improvements?
Wife wants to close her Barclaycard. Google the options - in the app via chat or over the phone. She hates talking to businesses over the phone.
Try the app - sorry we're unavailable as we're making improvements.
This has been the case for over 12 months now.
Do you guys also get this error when trying live chat?
🤐🤐🤐
Comments
-
open barclays app, click help at bottom, scroll to bottom, "send us a message"…..then i get the same message as you BUT click on the x to close the window and the ability to send a message is there. hopefully works for you.
0 -
Chat doesn't work, but you can send them a message and wait for a reply.
1 -
Sending a message worked for you guys?
Interesting as that still doesn't work for her. Still gets a no can do pop up. This is over 3 phones worth too.
🤐🤐🤐
0 -
I can’t send a message either. I get the bot who just says I need to call, and closes chat if I try and continue (I want to close my Boycottâtes)
is very annoying:eek::eek::eek: LBM 11/05/2010 - WE DID IT - DMP of £62000 paid off in 7 years:jDFD April20170 -
Send them a letter (appreciate a bit 20th century, but a means to an end….)? From the T&C's:
By post at Barclaycard, PO Box 9131, 51 Saffron Road,
Leicester, LE18 9DE2 -
I can’t do anything chat been like it for ages! When will they ever fix it
0 -
May be 20th century but it'll be preferred to calling I can assure you. Thanks.
And who knows, if it comes from the angle of a complaint then she may get some apology payment. Who knows.
🤐🤐🤐
0 -
I have several old 'chats' (Aug, Nov, Feb) that were in in a form of messages from both sides. I also see an option to send a new message that ATM takes me to 'digital assistant'. This is Barclays app that is identical to Barclaycard one (both show the same current and savings accounts and credit cards).
0 -
What ever happened to thier Northampton base
0 -
You can start to send a message but if you can't choose one of the AI prompt responses then it cuts you off and says it can't help you as they are 'making improvments'.
I was about to move a load of stuff over for Premier but sod that if I can't even talk to anyone.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

