We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Nationwide £100 fairer share payment
I've looked on the first 2 pages and found nothing & I'm not going to continue delving back plus I don't like the search feature on this forum compared to the old MSE forum. I find it clunky & terrible.
Basically I forgot to ask about this a few week ago. How was this payment determined? Because it's baffled me.
I handle various accounts for various family members. Since Lloyds require £2k a month which is the highest amount of the lot, £2k does the rounds & goes back to where it came from - and it's me who does this for the accounts.
Now we've all had 2 lots of payments in the past by meeting the criteria.
This time round though my wife got a payment but I didn't, yet as I say, I manage the cycling of money & £2k has been credited to my account the same way hers has.
Neither of us use Nationwide as a main account. Neither of us use it to spend from. It seems that our accounts have been handled & used the exact same yet she got a payment & I didn't.
Now I've probably missed something. I'm trying to find out what because it doesn't seem right.
Or was there no real criteria this time & it was just handed out at random?
🤐🤐🤐
Comments
-
It's not random:
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2026/05/nationwide-fairer-share-announcement/
3 -
Thanks.
Hmm, she must've made a payment out then. I'll have to check as she doesn't use her Nationwide to spend, she uses Chase.
While I'm on with it - do we ever get a heads up that these things are coming or not? As I say I don't spend from my Nationwide, so is it a case of we get some message which basically says if you spend for the next couple months then you're good to go, or is it more - hey surprise, we're going to pay you for months that have just passed IF you spent, but you didn't & now it's too late as the months have passed so unlucky?
🤐🤐🤐
0 -
The requirements this year were exactly the same as last year and previous years, I make an effort to read them and do exactly what is needed and have received the £100 consistently since year 1, no notification from them needed.
4 -
What I got caught out with is that my payment for one of the months came from another Nationwide Account which I wasn't aware of. Is that a possible reason?
0 -
My prediction is that the fairer share payment will return next year. It will require payments into and out of certain Nationwide accounts in Jan/Feb/Mar but the exact terms won't be confirmed until May. The terms for 2027 may well be the same as for 2026.
3 -
They don't tell you in advance what you are going to need to do to qualify, although if they keep the criteria the same from year to year you can make a pretty good guess,,,,,
You will get notified by e-mail after the event if you've met the criteria to tell you to look out for a payment.
5 -
There is a thread here somewhere for the last couple of years we've posted to remind folk about qualifying activity, just subscribe to it
2 -
I'm not saying you're wrong. What I am saying though is that if you're right then they've accidentally paid me for the past few times because I simply don't use my Nationwide account to pay for things.
I credit it monthly and that's it.
🤐🤐🤐
0 -
Nope absolutely not.
I got caught out with that one on an account once before so these days I make sure every credit comes from a different bank.
🤐🤐🤐
0 -
I'm hoping that next the payment will extend to the Virgin accounts now they are part of n/w. I've set up credits and debits as per this years rules.
Never pay on an estimated bill. Always read and understand your bill0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



