We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Paying £9 for oil and liquid disposal.
Comments
-
It’s funny how they add on and itemise fluid disposal but then offer a “complimentary” valet
I would prefer complimentary fluid disposal and the option of a £9 valet add on
0 -
You can dispose of your used oil at Kirklees Council Tips FOC - Considering the mark-up they apply for oil plus they sell it it is taking the proverbial
1 -
I've used a service contract for 10 years on my car.
Never charged a disposal fee, contract said all was included.
They always want to add fuel cleaner for £20, £30.
Air con service £100 etc.
I would find a better garage to use.
I just had my timing belt, water pump and antifreeze changed.
3 Local Peugeot dealers wanted £1300.00 for the job.
I looked around and found Chorley group Peugeot want £619.00 genuine Peugeot parts.
It was a 200 mile round trip, After fuel, food etc I was still £600 better off.
They even put my new auxiliary belt on at no cost.
0 -
Households (in Kirklees) can dispose of waste free of charge, it's not an option for your garage.
0 -
You can usually only dispose of 1 gallon at a time too, otherwise they claim it is "Trade Waste"
So no storing it until you have enough to make it worthwhile to queue at the tip…. (Tough if you run a Proper British Classic that holds several gallons too)
"Trade Waste" does not mean "waste produced by a trader" it actually means "waste that would have been produced by a trader if you hadn't done the job yourself" so most tips won't touch UPVC doors/window frames/guttering, bricks & rubble from that wall you demolished yourself etc.
I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....
(except air quality and Medical Science
)0 -
If you have paid for a service deal, then I don't think you should have to pay extra for oil disposal??
.."It's everybody's fault but mine...."0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
