We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Cannot use Chase on new phone!
Comments
-
More joy!
Tried to log in to Amazon Barclaycard account on my new phone. After several attempts, I rang their customer service, to be told that I have to wait seven days before I can log in!So they can accept my direct debit (in full!) on 1 July but I can't check my details.
I understand all the need for security but having given them my full details, including latest transactions and my mother's maiden name, I still have to wait 7 days,
0 -
Did this not work?
If your old phone is still accessible and you haven't wiped it, you can instantly transfer the app to your new phone without waiting:
Open the Barclaycard app on the old device.
Select More > Manage accounts > Show app QR Code.
Download the app on your new phone, open it, and scan the QR code to instantly verify and pair the new device.
Unlike the Chase app, the Barclaycard app can be installed (and active) on up to 6 devices.
Just to confirm, you are continuing with the same phone number?
0 -
It doesn't matter whether you're using the same phone number or not. Chase requires a valid ID document and a selfie every time you register a new device with no exceptions. It's been like that almost since they started.
1 -
Agreed, but not so for Barclaycard.
0 -
There may be occasions where you need photo ID going forward so I would get new Passport if you don't want or can not get a replacement Driving Licence.
0 -
Wife had similar issues, as signed up pre marriage, accepted marriage certificate. But hadn't got passport & drivers license changed yet so wouldn't accept any even in conjunction with marriage certificate. She asked to transfer funds to linked account which they said they would but never did.
Still had old phone, so just opened app in that. Moved all money out & never used again. Absolute joke of a customer service.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

