We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Parcel Force Label recommendations
Comments
-
The problem with an ink jet printer is that if a label is exposed to rain then the ink can run quite badly. Any form of laser printer would be the way to go.
If you are setting up an account with Parcelforce, they may be able to get you a label printer discount..0 -
The rain was what worried me. What about thermal printers? I have a bid in on a second hand one on eBay. Willsee if i get it.
0 -
Most label printers are thermal printers, if not all. I'd make sure you're getting a thermal printer that can take easily accessible and well priced labels, I know some of them can be pricey.
The Zebra label printers that take a 6x4 label on a roll are the standard ones to look for. I use mine every day and it knocks out 500 labels per week without a problem. There look to be some decent second hand ones on Ebay for between £50-£100..0 -
@RFW yes i have a bid on a zebra printer. Fingers crossed.
Funny how many don’t have the cables!
0 -
The power cable you need to be wary of as you can't just replace it, not any that fit will necessarily work. Although I'm sure Zebra would have one for you.
The USB cable is easily replaced. It's usually a USB-B to whatever port your computer has. I've gone through a couple of those.
A quick look tells me you can probably get both cables for under £20, if that helps..0 -
-
With an account you used to be able to get them from Royal Mail for free, now they charge but they're under a fiver a roll. I can get them in bulk from a few places. If you just want one roll then this looks fine and not a bad price.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402118364676?var=672039741715
.0 -
RFW I have ordered some. Thank you.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards