We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Problem moving from plusnet to sky using offer on MSE
My Plusnet Broadband and phone contract is running out. I used MSE Broadband tool to find out my options and decided that the SKY Full Fibre 150 was my choice. When I clicked through I was told that I would get SKY SUPERFAST at £14 a moth with a £112 gift card. I understand this because that's the speed I get now and we only have part fibre.
I fill in all the information on the sky page including Plusnet info, bank info phone and address details and after my bank have verified everything the sky sight says 'Sorry we are having technical difficulties'. I have spoken with Sky staff around the world and cannot seem to get help, and of course they won't honour the offer on the phone 'Nothing to do with us squire'
Best I can come up with is keep trying and use different browsers, computers and email addresses but I'm not hopeful.
Any advice, or anyone at MSE who controls this
Comments
-
As far as I can see with Sky Superfast you will get a voucher for £40
Things that are different: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid0 -
If you're only capable of getting FTTC at the moment then that's probably the issue if selecting a FTTP deal, have you tried the postcode checker on Sky's own website? Maybe try a different supplier and see what speeds you're offered.
0 -
I have just tried to switch to the full fibre 150 deal myself and am getting exactly the same message.
0 -
I switched to Sky a couple of months ago, Full Fibre Gigafast and got confirmation of my £100 voucher as I signed up. Not expecting to actually get the voucher for another few months. Cashback from Quidco also confirmed.
Things that are different: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid0 -
I got exactly the same message when trying to sign up yesterday. I also found all sites reporting problems with the broadband checker system. Gave up with Sky and went with Plusnet instead. I'll switch my phone number to a voip provider given that Plusnet don't support phone lines nowadays.
0 -
I've had exactly the same issue with Vodafone - one has to question if it is the typical conman tactic of Bait and Switch.
trying to swap from YouFibre to Vodafone 910.
here was a £160 gift card and £26 a month until april 27 then a increase etc
Vodafone website kept on saying there was an error and the details were incorrect.
Tried repeatedly but kept on getting rejected - blaming me
Vodafone's chat bot agent didn't work properly so I phoned them
Yes they could do it, yes it accepted the details over the phone, request to move message came immediately from YouFibre, all well and good…..
However over the phone the price increased to a starting price of £31 per month plus the egregious increases each April and the £160 voucher was something a third party did and not Vodafone.
If is hard to believe this is incompetence and more a sales tactic to get the consumer on the hook and then fleece them - dangle the low price then net them on a high one - is this behaviour more to do with the individual telecoms companies or the common factor which are the comparison sites?
0 -
I signed up to Sky 23 March, activation date 8th April, voucher available today.
0 -
Email re voucher arrived last night so followed the instructions and now have it. All good. No issue with the broadband either.
Things that are different: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid0 -
one has to question if it is the typical conman tactic of Bait and Switch.
It isn't.
If is hard to believe this is incompetence and more a sales tactic to get the consumer on the hook and then fleece them
It isn't.
I've switched to Vodafone twice. Both times I switched via a comparison site and both times I have received gift cards. Between VF contracts I was with Shell and I did the same with them.
The giftcard promotion is administered by a third party; the broadband provider has no direct interest in how you join them, just so long as you join.
N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


