We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

DCA Black Horse Finance problems

I bought a Porsche back in May 2007, Ive contacted Black Horse Finance, given them my name

DOB

Address

Bank Account details

Chassis number

Agreement number

When and where purchased

They have responded cant find my agreement

Whats going on, clearly these car companies are simple not going to pay a penny!

Comments

  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 25,095 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper

    Anything over 6 years, there is a good chance they no longer have the details.

    Life in the slow lane
  • danniogreen
    danniogreen Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post

    So why bother saying claim from 2007? Even with all the details and agreement number, they're just saying, errr no!

  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 121,858 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    The Consumer Credit Act 2006 amended the law, effective from 2007. That is where the 2007 date comes from.

    The Data Protection Acts Require firms to destroy records that are no longer necessary. In the case of loans, that's typically considered around six years after repayment.

    However, there's no fixed rule on that, and each firm can decide its own time scales. Some will take the records off their main system and archive them for a period before they destroy them. So some firms may be able to bring records back that they do not currently have available to them. Others will have long destroyed the records.

    Of course, it is important to remember that the Data Protection Acts do not apply to you. So you can supply the records that you have retained.

    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • linz78
    linz78 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker

    Put a complaint in to Black horse who recently came back and said they had found multiple cases. They then said if I wanted to make a complaint I was to email the original email I put my original complaint in to ? I used Martin’s template so I thought that was the complaint process ??

  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 121,858 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    It's possible they've interpreted the original request as an information request rather than a complaint. I seem to recall that at least one of the versions of the template letter read more as an information request than a complaint.

    Once the FCA scheme is open, then you can just resubmit it under the scheme.

    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.