We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Barclays Bank
After being unable to make a transfer of £15 yesterday - error code 9802 - I have spent 1 hour and 45 minutes on the telephone to Barclays Bank this morning.
After carrying out all the "help" persons instructions I now have no access to my account. Not even to check the balance.
Anyone else having problems with Barclays Bank?
Best wishes, Geoffrey.
Comments
-
I wonder what instructions they gave.
According to AI,
Error code 9802 on Barclays usually means "you do not have any accounts from which we can set up a payment". This occurs when your profile lacks a valid eligible account (like a standard current account or savings account) to make a transfer, or your account setup is incomplete.
Some old MSE thread -
0 -
Thank you for your reply.
I have both a current account and a savings account. My membership number was changed twice this morning, since then I cannot even check the amount in the account.
Best wishes, Geoffrey.
0 -
Had problems last week with the first person stating that they send the authentication code to authorise my account to the mobile number Apple happen to hold for me… clearly not true.
The second person was much better and found the problem I was having was caused by an old phone number being on a legacy system, they advised they no longer have access to it so it would require them to raise a ticket and it'll be fixed the next working day. They did call back the next working day saying ti had been sorted
Like any contact centre there are probably better and worse agents, personally if the first one is useless just thank them and call back hoping to get a better one.
0 -
Did you call Barclays this morning, or did they call you? If you called them, where did you get the number from?
1 -
I called Barclays, the number is on their website, 0345 600 2323.
The website implies that you can email but I could not find a way to do so. There is a message system - if you can access your account!
Best wishes, Geoffrey.
0 -
Well that's reassuring that its not a scam. Best thing to do would be call them back and talk through the issue. Only Barclays are likely to be able to fix this issue.
0 -
Hi Woodstok2000,
"Best thing to do would be call them back and talk through the issue."
Spend another 1 hour 45 minutes on the telephone! Please don't be offended but the older I get the less time I have to waste.
Plus all the time spent re logging onto secure sites, after deleting all the cookies that did it automatically, before the Barclays Bank instruction to delete history and cookies on BOTH browsers.
Best wishes, Geoffrey.
0 -
Im not offended at all, but your chances of resolving this without speaking to the bank are close to zero. Good luck.
2 -
Have you tried using Barclays' smartphone or iPad/tablet app? It might be more reliable than a web browser.
0 -
Hi,
I received a telephone call from Leanne at Barclays Bank who was very helpful and the problem is now resolved.
Best wishes, Geoffrey.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

