We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Volume boost.
I have a Motorola Moto G86 5G (Android 16) and have a volume booster app. installed. See picture.The app. keeps stopping and requires opening until it stops again, rinse and repeat.
I had the same app. on a previous Moto G84 5G (Android 15)without this issue.
I could contact the developer and ask them, they do have a contact e-mail, but I chose to ask here first.
Any idea or suggestions as to why this is happening and how it can be "fixed"? I am fairly sure that the settings etc. are the same as the G84 was.
Comments
-
As it appears to be available on the app store, force a stop, clear app data and cache, uninstall the app.
Restart your phone.
Download the app and reinstall.2 -
It's seems to have been last updated before Android 16 was released so might not be compatible. (Android 16 significantly changed app permissions)
2 -
I managed to "sort" it by changing the battery settings to unrestricted. Selecting Apps and then scrolling down and opening the Volume Booster app.. Select "Power" and "No restrictions.
The app's battery use looks to be minimal when running in the background (1.13%) during 12 hours powered on.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
