We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Virgin Money app asking to register
Comments
-
Set Android (your Play Store or whatever store) NOT to automatically update.
I check manually every week and wait for reviews for anything that's important so they can iron out problems.
Lost entire apps due to updates or them being taken over by a new company and then killing or changing the app.
Obviously, banking apps are important but waiting a few days to read app store reviews is no problem.
0 -
I've got a smidge over 40 banking apps on my phone (the one that doesn't leave the house).
Can recall maybe half a dozen occasions in the last 5 years when an app has failed because of an update, all fixed inside a day or so.
Think I'd rather have possible security problems fixed asap and take the risk that I can't use the app for a day.
Especially as most institutions have other access methods (or even branches!).
And that's before you consider important timely updates to your email and other significant apps.
Still doesn't change my opinion that VM/Nationwide shouldn't be releasing updates that don't work (and I notice still not working).
2 -
The Virgin app is the worst banking app I've ever used. I used to have a credit card with them and about 50% of the time it would say there has been a problem please phone us and the only way to get it working again was to restart my phone. It was like that for several years on three different well known high end phones so there must have been something fundamentally wrong with their implementation.
Given how hopelessly old fashioned Nationwide are when it comes to anything technical I wouldn't hold much hope for a successful integration.
0 -
My app has today decided to join the no longer working in Samsung secure folder gang.
Uninstalled, reinstalled etc no joy.
(works ok x folder)
Before I contact them, did anyone here find a solution?
0 -
No solution for me so far.
Several updates but none have made any difference.
1 -
Mine now works but not within the secure folder. I notice it has been updated in the Play Store for a second time in June.
1 -
If you do lose access to the app then you will still be able to use the browser site but…try setting up a new payee and it will make you jump through all the hoops (including those nanny ones for actually paying the money) only at the end to say you need a code, which you can only get by logging into the app!
I endured a ridiculous half hour conversation with a customer service advisor who didn't know that you need to delete ownership of the app in your personal details. It cost me a fiver because the first £250 subscription to a building society 6% regular saver due late last month will now be earning about 2% less for a whole year.
0 -
Just had an App update and now mine works in the Samsung secure folder again.
2 -
Now working for me also. Thanks for the heads up.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

