We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Direct debits for banks switching

2»

Comments

  • magical_times
    magical_times Posts: 6 Forumite
    Second Anniversary First Post

    Thanks, I will look into BonusDebits.

  • magical_times
    magical_times Posts: 6 Forumite
    Second Anniversary First Post

    Thanks to all of you nice people, all of your comments have been helpful.

  • bluehydrangeas
    bluehydrangeas Posts: 167 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    I tried to set up cheap direct debits using the links provided above, for the purposes of meeting the requirements for switching bonuses. I was able to successfully set up DDs on a Co-Op current account, however the DDs I set up on a Nationwide current account didn't appear. It's been over a week since I tried to set them up. The Co-Op DDs appeared after a few days. I presume the DDs were either not approved or were cancelled by Nationwide. A previous poster said they had a similar issue with a Natwest account.

  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 42,047 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Within online banking, banks don't all show DD mandates that have been set up but not actually paid yet, so see if Nationwide still doesn't show it after paying out.

  • Rob5342
    Rob5342 Posts: 3,124 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

    Yes I'd wait and see, I know NatWest don't show directs debits until they have first been taken. I don't know about Nationwide but they are notorious for being extremely old fashioned and archaic so it wouldn't surprise me if they are similar.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.