We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Direct debits for banks switching
I have 5 bank accounts, which I want to switch, however no direct debits in them, is there a list I can chose from, I want 15 if possible (3 for each account). Not looking for anything like gas electricity water direct debits. Any suggestions please?
Comments
-
Small charity direct debit
Insurance - pet, travel, home car mobile etc
Small minimum payment for a credit card
0 -
30p web site can set up small value direct debits, it's what many of us have used for switching.
1 -
this is the list of acceptable Santander direct debits:
0 -
The 30p web site sounds very good, where can I find them?
0 -
Plum & Moneybox savings
0 -
Also PayPal lets you set up direct debits.
2 -
Thanks for the list of direct debit providers, I will take a look.
0 -
just a polite comment - I set up one of those 30p DDs for a bank switch last year and the company confirmed it ok. When it was requested, my bank (NatWest), stopped the action and reversed the transaction. On enquiring I was told that it was a suspicious request and therefore cancelled. I haven’t bothered with any of them after, but I read on here that many people use them without problems.
4 -
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6656547/a-regularly-updated-list-of-accounts-that-allow-direct-debit-and-or-debit-card-deposits/p1
2 -
I used BonusDebits for the Lloyds switch. You can set up to 3 direct debits with one form for 40p each - quickest and easiest I’ve found so far.
2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




