We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Help! Thames Water aren’t giving me my money back!

I have recently found out that Thames water have been incorrectly charging me for waste water services for 4 years, even though this is a service they don’t provide to my property. I have been trying to get them to give me my money back since mid March but all I get from them is that “I will receive an update in xx hours/days” and then never here anything. I have tried escalating to the CCW now too but they have so far been less than helpful and essentially just outlined the process I have already followed before contacting them, ie giving Thames water 8 weeks to try to rectify and then a further 10 working days when they’ve acknowledged the problem.
Nobody is helping me get my money back and I’m even still being charged. What else can I do??

Comments

  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 24,828 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Welcome to the forum.

    I have recently found out that Thames water have been incorrectly charging me for waste water services for 4 years, even though this is a service they don’t provide to my property.

    What happened four years ago - is that when you moved into the property or did TW suddenly start charging when they weren't before?

    Have you been paying a different water company for this service for those four years, or do you have private drainage?

    ie giving Thames water 8 weeks to try to rectify and then a further 10 working days when they’ve acknowledged the problem.

    You need to follow the process.

    Nobody is helping me get my money back and I’m even still being charged. What else can I do??

    Follow the process.

    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.