We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lebara Woes

Skewiff
Skewiff Posts: 32
Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite

Following MSE expert advice and sim recommendation for Worthing, Sussex - I left O2 and arrived at Lebara. I clicked a link on MSE for the offer, followed through to Lebara and succesfully got my SIM , then ported it over. Took a WEEK for the sim to allow data etc, but - hey ho. Working.

Then I did the same for my wife and older daughter , leaving the last daughter on O2 for the minute. Wife got SIM, ported over , and after a week remains without data, but … Im sure it will work … eventually.

OD (older daughter) was the same process, PAC code from O2 etc all worked, but no plan !?
Investigation with the lebara "customer service" showed that when clicking the MSE link it no longer works for me and it only offers free sims now.

I have one "admin" portal, with all three sims. I used a different name for the 2nd and 3rd sim in line with the information on MSE about Lebara foibles. It certainly worked for me, then my wife - so Im not going mad.

Now, when I click the 10gb Lebara offer , I put in my email for the £10 gift card (shame its not as solid a deal as last month), I continue past the VPN warning. I see the MSE offer repeated and buy it - I enter my details , but importantly change the name to OD - then get a "free sim" page and £2.49 postage fee, which I have been shown by Lebara "customer service" is a glitch and I cannot purchase a 3rd MSE Plan this way due to the glitch.

Ive tried buying it "inprivate" on Chrome, but no improvement.

They wont define if its a limit on plans for admin account or address - they merely state they cant help - AND that if I got it somehow , I would STILL have to get my sim / OD to leave Lebara and join another provider , then get a new PAC code and leave that new provider , to get that contract on her specific number as I originally desired. ("Lebara cannot transfer plans internally between sims !?) .

Has anyone encountered this ?
Is this just a case of , its cheap , suck it up (and move OD to another virgin sim provider)
Does anyone have any erudite solutions to this debacle ?

Comments

  • sheenas
    sheenas Posts: 572
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Inprivate and clear the browser cache, it's probably one of those nasty cookies.

  • booneruk
    booneruk Posts: 970
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I'm not sure. Maybe I've misunderstood something, but these deals are "new customer only", so trying to add three of them to the same account might be the issue

  • Rameses99
    Rameses99 Posts: 7
    Seventh Anniversary First Post
    Forumite

    Yes i did today have same problem. Ordered the £2.02 for first 7 monthe then £4.90 thereafter. Got sim and it said to put credit on it. Rang them (Very rude chap) went through to chat.(no help at all) said because the autopay was not on they wouldnt do the deal. I had no plan in it so there wouldnt be a reacuring plan on it. Had to pay £5pm if i wanted it. 😦 they used to be helpfut but no more !!

  • savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 2,185
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I'm pretty sure lebara keep a record of all email addresses used to sign up, and maybe mobile numbers ported in and out, so if that suggests you are a returning customer they will pull the deal.

  • oldagetraveller1
    oldagetraveller1 Posts: 1,636
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I'm on two MSE Lebara "deals" at the moment, not the first ones either.

    I have used the same e-mail address and log in details for all and non have been denied. When I have followed the MSE link, purchased a SIM, and entered the e-mail address, I am directed to my existing account to complete the purchase.

    When I have activated a new SIM I just add it to my existing account.

    I'm on a £1.10/month for 6 months (started April), then £4.90/month. The other is £2.05/month for 6 months (started June) , £4.90/month thereafter.

    Maybe I have just been lucky?

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.