We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
DNA test kits £19.90 via facebook
My Heritage DNA inc P&P
These are compatible with Ancestry and all of the others - just upload to your choice of tree people !
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.
Comments
-
As long as you're happy with your genetic information being sold off to big pharma etc
2 -
I can't imagine how this could be an issue especially as it's being used towards something helpful to society.
We all use mobile phones that track as daily, when we wake up, when we go to sleep, when and what we watch, click, what bank we use, what we type, where we are etc.
Good price!
0 -
I think these kits can open up issues which might have been best left closed.
Personally I won't be uploading my DNA to any company for this purpose.
1 -
Wonder what would happen if I submitted a sample from my pet dog?
1 -
There is a BBC Radio 4 programme called 'The Gift' which is all about the can of worms opened. Why call it 'The Gift'? Because often DNA tests are given as a gift for Xmas or birthday.
0 -
As someone who was not brought up by my real parents, I would love to know a little more about my ancestry.
I know a fair bit already. However it would be nice to know a little more.
1 -
I celebrate big pharma and small pharma. I have the simplest cancer known: there is just a single gene error. Big and small pharma have developed drugs that inhibit the miscreant "kinase". I opt into anonymised disclosure of genetic information.
I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".0 -
I have done a my heritage test and can only say be prepared for the outcome.
I also bought one for my nephew and dad. I discovered my dad is not my birth father. I never told him, it would have caused mayhem. But it shocked me tremendously. I have gotten used to it now and hope I get a match from whoever might be my father or one of his relatives.
2026 wins - Parker Pen American Sweets bundle 2x dish magic bundle NEU shots & a NEU training T-shirt ToeZone Shoes Worth £32
2 -
Ancestry does not accept uploads from kits other than their own so just be aware that you won't be able to do this with a My Heritage kit
1 -
OK - But its still cheap
It does in reverse - My Heritage accepts Ancestry kit
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


