We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Should I claim on my insurance?
Comments
-
My point is that to virtually everyone, except UK insurers "At fault" means "to blame"/"responsible for".
Hence we often get aggrieved drivers who are using the dictionary definition rather than the Humpty Dumpty one and cannot understand why they are "at fault" for someone crashing into their correctly parked car and driving off.
I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....
(except air quality and Medical Science
)0 -
"So very glad I haven't even spoken to the insurance."
Key information from you here ^^^.
You may already know this but just an FYI - you don't even have to claim. If you'd just contacted them & mentioned it & then said you know what I'll go sort it myself, they'll hold it against you & it'll be on record as something that requires declaring then (likely for the next 5 years), pushing your premium up further.
And for anyone who wants to come at me & say that's not the case, because this is the internet after all & we all need to disagree with each other …. I'm talking from personal experience. It happened to me so don't tell me it's not the case because it was for me.
🤐🤐🤐
0 -
You don't know the increases were related to your accident. It could be anything
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards