We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

EBay nothings moving

2»

Comments

  • Momogeew
    Momogeew Posts: 106 Forumite
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 31 May at 6:08AM

    I'm simply saying, this could be one example of the reasons relevant to the thread's title - no more, no less 😠

  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 36,584 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!

    As the OP didn't seem to have an issue with their items selling previously, it's more likely that - as I suggested up-thread - that the items may be overpriced or just not what people are looking for rather than lack of detail in the listings.

    Again, on the topic - I have bids on 6 of my items.

    All very well described.

    All reasonably priced.

    All (presumably) what people want to buy.

  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,708 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!

    I agree with Pollycat. I have 2 accounts on Ebay and sales have been steady, Sometimes there is no rhyme nor reason why there is a sudden surge on sales but I love it when it does happen!

  • tomkil
    tomkil Posts: 22 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    It's not what it was that's for sure.

  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 36,584 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!

    Well, for a start, Vinted has taken some trade from eBay.

    But - as I've said up-thread - if something is priced right, described accurately and is what people are looking for, you'll get buyers.

    I'm just a private seller getting rid of my own unwanted items. I've sold 12 items since the beginning of June.

    Mostly used items in excellent condition - clothes and footwear.

  • missymouse
    missymouse Posts: 1,024 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 7 June at 7:50PM

    I’ve found it very slow too and I think my things are reasonably priced and in good condition.

    it wants you to promote your items otherwise how is eBay making any money?

  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,531 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Nothing ever is. Ebay's evolved over the years. They had a model that was unsustainable. They left me behind about 10 years ago. They're sinking a lot into Ebay Live auctions. I can't see how successful that will be. I do know someone who tried it recently, I watched. They didn't sell much at all, it was just a bit weird and flat.

    .
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,494 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 7 June at 10:27PM

    eBay seem to be copying existing ideas in an attempt to regain what they had, whatnot is a live auction platform and eBay live looks suspiciously similar.

    It’s difficult for me to actually decide whether eBay is doing as well as in the past as I’m seriously running down my business and most of my private sales go on Vinted before eBay. Generally for most things Vinted far outsells eBay for me, but a few niche items do still sell better on eBay, and of course I can’t (or won’t) list as a business on Vinted so It’s difficult making a fair comparison. My feeling though is that items at cheaper end of market sell a lot better on Vinted, but eBay seems to do better with higher priced items.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.