We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Micro housing ?
Comments
-
Its not such a bad idea you know, it really depends on individual circumstances. Now, I have a mother in law who I'm sure might actually enjoy the freedom that living in a Yurt could offer. The added advantage of having an alternative choice of a shepherds hut or shipping container might add to the appeal. I'll have to look into what might already be available !
0 -
I'm no fan of the finish of New Builds but 90% of new builds aren't for for rats is way too dramatic.
0 -
It's hyperbole. In reality, only 40% aren't fit for rats.
1 -
" we" aren't , we are crucifying people with a £1000 a month min mortgage.
0 -
Ever heard of cars ?
0 -
I addressed that in my post.
0 -
My solar pv, water treatment and composting system are not time consuming or expensive .
Solar is fit and forget , batteries just replace as needed
Water filter systems only involve changing filters after a few thousand litres
Composting only requires a source of biomass like wood chip ect
If you can't manage this stay indoors with a padded helmet on.
0 -
Yep, I'm sure my mother in law is gonna luv it !
Thanks for the innovative idea.....Sometimes one just have to think out of the box eh ?
0 -
Yes, as someone who has worked for highway authorities and has also written transport planning policy, the concept of 'cars' is familiar to me.
Ever heard of climate change, air pollution, congestion, accidents, the cost of petrol/diesel/electricity?
And the small fact not everyone can drive?
Living in remote rural areas is largely for the wealthy, and those in land-based industries. Land in less remote rural areas is perfect for building conventional housing estates. Whatever the question, microhomes in rural areas isn't the answer. Especially when it comes to providing cheap housing.
4 -
Solar is fit and forget , batteries just replace as needed
In theory, perhaps.
Water filter systems only involve changing filters after a few thousand litres
You need a source of water before you can filter it. And if you think a filter alone makes water safe to drink then I'll pass on coming round for a cup of tea with you.
Composting only requires a source of biomass like wood chip ect
Like I said, what are you doing with the wash water?
3
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
