We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
SMART PARKING PARKING CHARGE: ADVICE SOUGHT
Comments
-
Glad to see another IAS appeal conceded using my draft!
4 -
Well done, although this isn’t a case of the IAS finding against their paymasters, it’s Smart not having the ability to defend their charge - intellectually or cojones - taking the easy route out by running away. Cowards.
But the CMA will soon be on their tail, if they’re not already in their crosshairs! 🏹
Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.#Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street5 -
On 18th April 2026 I was driving along the A38 in company with my wife. We were just south of Derby. We were traveling from East Yorkshire and had been in the car nearly 2 hours. We needed a comfort break and having stopped there before, we pulled off the road at the OK Diner. Our intention was to buy some refreshments there and use the facilities. Having pulled onto the car park we realised the restaurant wasn't open. So we considered where we could then travel to and left. At the beginning of May I received a parking charge letter from Smart Parking giving the times of arrival as 07:42 and departure as 07:48 a total of 6 minutes. The usual charge of £100 was applied with a deduction if the charge was paid within 28 days. I appealed to the company, they carried out an investigation and upheld their charge.
Should I be paying this as I believe there is a consideration time applied before the charge is allowed
0 -
At @GrandadTrain , please start a new thread about your case
No you should not be paying
2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

