We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Help buying a smartphone

CaptainWales
CaptainWales Posts: 392
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
Forumite

Hi

I need to buy a sim free smartphone but have never bought one before so not sure what I need to consider. I imagine I will be using it to check yahoo emails, internet banking, facebook and watch things on YouTube mostly. Plus calls and Whatsapp and text messages. I would also like to get a case for my new phone to protect it.

My budget is max around £150. I have been told that getting one that can use an esim is good as I do travel abroad occasionally. I think that my current sim is a "normal" one, not a nano one, but to be honest I don't know how to check. I have in the past used a smartphone and plugged my headphones into it - mentioning as I rarely see anybody do that nowdays.

As you can probably tell, my knowledge of these things is very limited so any help appreciated.

«13456

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.