We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

NCP PCtK issued after 4 weeks of claimed date

ducksintown98
ducksintown98 Posts: 29 Forumite
Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

Hello.

It has been suggested that NCP monitor these forums, so I shall keep this brief.

I have recently been issued with a Parking Charge to Keeper, wherein they describe a time I allegedly failed to pay for parking. The date of the alleged incident was on 08/04/2026, and the date it was issued was 09/05/2026. They state that they do not know who was driving.

They say that if I pay within 14 days, the charge is £60, yet if I do not, the fine is £100.

I have enclosed a picture of the letter.

I would much prefer not to pay, as we are quite short on cash at the moment. I read through the NEWBIES FAQ but was a bit confused; hopefully someone here can clarify what the best course of action would be here. I am unsure as to whether I should use the online appeals form, etc.

Thank you.

signal-2026-05-16-164638_002.jpeg
«1

Comments

  • ducksintown98
    ducksintown98 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 16 May at 4:54PM
    image.png

    It looks the same as this one, from another post on the forum.

    Thank you in advance to anyone who can help. I am aware that this service is offered for free, therefore I would be very very grateful for your time.

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,183 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 16 May at 5:37PM

    WWas a windscreen pcn issued on the incident date. ? 8th April ( an NtD )

    Or is the NTK the first pcn. ?

    Is at a station or private land. ?

  • ducksintown98
    ducksintown98 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    No, there wasn't a windscreen notice. Further, it is the first notice I've had of this alleged offense. It's privately owned land. HTH.

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,183 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Use the airport appeal template as seen in other airport threads on here, appealing as keeper

    Its based on no keeper liability due to non compliance with Pofa2012

    No blabbing about who was driving or about what happened on the day, less is more

  • ducksintown98
    ducksintown98 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Thank you, I will try to find it; I've found ones for sending to POPLA so far, but I believe they aren't the ones as it hasn't advanced to that yet.

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,183 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Look at the Manchester Airport group thread, or the Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester group thread

  • ducksintown98
    ducksintown98 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 16 May at 6:04PM

    Thank you. Can I just be 100% and check it's this? I didn't park at the airport; I'm assuming I should edit that bit out? It was just private land.

    No driver details will be given. Please do not bother with your known fishing expedition in an attempt to get driver details to try and get around the fact there is no keeper liability (and never can be under POFA).

    Due to this being airport land you will be well aware there is no keeper liability due to the byelaws in force and the fact this is not relevant land.

    As there is no keeper liability then liability cannot flow from the driver to the keeper and thus is an auto win @POPLA . Please therefore cancel the notice or issue a POPLA code where you will auto withdraw

    If you waste your time asking for driver details this will be ignored and you will still lose at POPLA if you dont cancel the PCN

    So let's save my time and yours and cancel this PCN you simply cannot win this (and you know it).

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,183 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 16 May at 6:14PM

    There Is some missing text, plus it needs adapting because its not at an airport

    This is an appeal by the registered keeper - No driver details will be given. Please do not bother with your known fishing expedition in an attempt to get driver details to try and get around the fact there is no keeper liability (and never can be under POFA).

    Your NTK PCN letter failed to comply with Pofa2012 timescales

    As there is no keeper liability then liability cannot flow from the driver to the keeper and thus is an auto win @POPLA . Please therefore cancel the notice or issue a POPLA code where you will auto withdraw

    If you waste your time asking for driver details this will be ignored and you will still lose at POPLA if you dont cancel the PCN

    So let's save my time and yours and cancel this PCN you simply cannot win this (and you know it).

  • ducksintown98
    ducksintown98 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 16 May at 6:53PM

    (Was just doing a bit of plastering… Not a very good day for working outside!)

    Thank you. I am just uploading this to them via the web form now (ncp.co.uk/pcn). They have asked for a name and address; I have provided that of the keeper's. I have made sure not to tell them who was driving. I'm happy to escalate it to the POPLA stage, though hoping not to.

    It boggles the mind how they can issue these notices if, under the 2 week rule, they really are invalid.

    Really, thank you very much for your help. Just wanted to be triple sure of everything, is all :-)

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.