We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles Rewards

I have had problems trying to convert miles for a gift card. My wife and I have around 16000 miles, each equating to about £80 in vouchers. I tried to convert these but the TA App suggested I had to verify my account first. They offer several ways to do this but none are really suitable. Examples are "Quick Verification " but this is limited to Turkish citizens, arrange a Miles and Smiles Credit card which I do not need, link the rewards to my Bank Account but my bank does not appear on the partners list, book a further flight. Again which I do not need at present. I have contacted Customer Service and have received the same reply twice which essentially appears AI generated and just offers the same advice as their App. I have contacted my travel agent with whom I booked the flights but despite her help I am no further forward. Surely they have all necessary details since I booked 4 flights with them in February this year so they have my details plus e-mail address etc.

I think they are being a bit obstructive perhaps in the hope I will give up.

I have attached their communication via WhatsApp.

Any response with advice would be appreciated

Comments

  • Worried_fool
    Worried_fool Posts: 279 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    If you can get a credit card you don't have to use it.

  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,915 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Moving to the correct forum as this forum is just for posting holiday deals.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,775 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Your account would normally have become verified once you'd flown with them but as that appears not to have happened do this:

    Log in to your account on their website and look for leaving feedback on the Miles and Smiles program.

    In the text state that you want to verify your account and attach a pic of your passport.

    Wait, but keep checking status as you may not receive any notification of the change being processed.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.