We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Trying to leave talktalk

paul2louise
paul2louise Posts: 2,636 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
edited 30 April at 1:29PM in Broadband & internet access

So TT are being taken over shortly by utility warehouse. I got an email saying that I can leave now before 31st may penalty free. Well that's what email says. I looked at Vodafone and went thro the first few steps to see what is available. I got a email from TT saying my transfer is happening and I will incur a charge of £64. So over an hour on chat being transferred I am no clearer with what's happening except I said cancel the transfer until I know for certain what is happening.

Has anyone else looked to cancel before the old contract ends and had any problems. I don't trust emails as I had previously mislead by sky offering and withdrawal offers because they made a mistake

"We’re here to help

If you’re considering cancelling due to these changes, you can change or cancel your broadband and home phone any time before 31st May 2026 without paying any early termination fees. Just contact a new provider to switch, or to cease your service entirely, contact us at"

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.