We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
BT Complete wifi add on issue, BT solution doesn't suit...
Long story short, 6 months ago I signed up to BT full fibre 900 with complete wifi add on £10 per month can cancel 30 days notice, I have this in writing from BT on the contract. I phoned up to cancel the £10 add on, I was told this cant be done as its 24 month agreement. I provided the proof and their solution is that I can cancel penalty free (and leave BT) or continue to pay the extra £10 per month.
The problem I have is I don't want to cancel, as the service is actually quite good but I do not need the add on, where do I stand? Do i have to go with their unsuitable solutions for their mistake?
Comments
-
Can you post the actual section of the terms and conditions that you are using to support your position? I suspect it might have been an option to cancel the add on within the first 30 days, not a rolling thirty days notice, but I could be wrong.
0 -
-
I think you just have to try again with the BT CS people.
I recently moved from a £68/mth contract to £28. First bill after move, £9. Second bill, £85.
Took a couple of calls but my billing is now correct.
My contract, however, is back to a rolling month by month, I haven't asked…..
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

