We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Barclays petrol cashback
Comments
-
Anyway, rather than spending time trying to check, I will pay using the debit card and see what lands in the account by the end of the month.
Just in case you change your mind, the bank account type/title is on every statement.
1 -
I could not find a statement (I shred them once checked) but will see what type of account I have when the next statement arrives.
I filled up the wife's car and used the debit card so it will be interesting to see if I get credited the 5% in a few days or so. It was a £27 fill, so 5% cashback will be £1.35 which will be nice.
0 -
I logged into my account today and I do seem to have received a credit for the fuel cashback 😊
That must mean I have an "eligible account" - how does one find out about such offers?
1 -
0
-
Bad link - dead page
0 -
0
-
Ta.
That link takes you (eventually) to personalised Barclays Cashback Rewards (the Visa-run scheme).
No sign there of the Tesco Fuel scheme. That seems to be a more generally available promo that doesn't need a Reward account.
No idea how you find details of such one-offs, email? I found out about it here, don't recall any personalised comms.
0 -
No idea how you find details of such one-offs, email? I found out about it here, don't recall any personalised comms.
For me there was an email from barclays @ emails.barclays. co. uk with the subject line "Here's a little help with fuel costs", which was sent at the end of April.
0 -
Ah, quite right. I got same on 28/04 and missed/forgot it.
0 -
I'm guessing that this Tesco Fuel cashback deal may have come about because of the Tesco & Barclays partnership, after Barclays took ownership of the bulk of the Tesco Bank operation in 2024.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

