We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Barclays petrol cashback
Comments
-
As posted in the second reply, two days ago!
1 -
Was thinking about taking advantage of this, but then realised that my fuel card which I still have from my self employed driving days is currently saving me around 12% compared to my local Tesco pump price.
0 -
Does the cashback apply for Diesel as well ?
0 -
Click the link above, but yes, the thread should be titled Barclays' Fuel Cashback
0 -
Purchased petrol on Monday and got paid Tuesday
1 -
With this deal, first time that I recall anyone being cheaper than Costco near me
For cooking diesel:
188.9 Tesco (179.5 after 5% cashback)
182.9 Costco
These locations are 200m apart.
1 -
Though of course being able to buy cheaper fuel from Costco comes with the need to pay their annual membership fee.
0 -
Thank you for this thread. I was not aware of the Barclays cashback for Tesco petrol (or any other kind of Barclays cashback).
I need to full my wife's car today and it will be at Tesco, so if I just pay using my Barclays Connect Debit Card, will the cash back just happen?
I looked at the webpage linked upthread and it did not seem to show that any registration is required for the cashback, but only that purchases must be "made using an eligible personal Barclays debit card". I could not see what makes a personal Barclays debit card eligible or not.
I don't want to use the debit card and not get the cashback as that will lose the opportunity to get the (far smaller) cashback for the credit card.
0 -
-
Thanks - I think I just have "Barclays Bank Account". I am not wholly sure and nor do I know how to check. I opened the account in 1988 and, back then, there was just a single current account, not all these fancy named accounts. I assume the standard account became "Barclays Bank Account".
Anyway, rather than spending time trying to check, I will pay using the debit card and see what lands in the account by the end of the month.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




