We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Anybody received news saying no
I’m just wondering I put in four different claims since 2007-2021 I have one reply within two weeks saying I wasn’t misled or miss sold
How do I know if this is correct finance on this one was 2016 just would like others opinions or experience’s with there’s thank you just curious
Comments
-
Is there no further explanation? What was the interest rate?
0 -
Anybody received news saying no
Yes they have.
How do I know if this is correct finance on this one was 2016 just would like others opinions or experience’s with there’s thank you just curious
You accept what they say. The FCA would crucify them if they lied. They fined a building society over £30m for that sort of thing previously.
Normally, they will state the reason. e.g. no DCA
I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.0 -
As Martin's emails and TV appearances have made clear while there were plenty affected, equally plenty weren't. Not every dealer used DCA - you should be happy if they said you were not miss-sold as you can rest easy knowing you got a fair deal.
The other 3 will likely progress as normal to determine if you were affected (negative DCA) or if you were not (neutral or positive DCA)
Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness:
People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
