We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
AA renewal £615 - does anyone else pay this much?!?!
Comments
-
That was 27 years ago.
0 -
Or a car which needs rescuing every month.
0 -
I pay less than that for my insurance which includes RAC Road Rescue (but not home cover, as I don't need it).
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
0 -
No need to pay more than £60 a year for something you will probably never use.
0 -
I'm sure mine renews at £100-150ish. Are you sure you've not got any ludicrous add-ons or insurance or something? Because for basic breakdown cover that's very expensive.
0 -
I paid £150 odd for personal cover with recovery, which I thought was steep, but I like being covered in/on any car or 'bike (a puncture is pretty likely on a motorbike) and I want proper recovery home, not taking to a garage if they are open.
I don't bother with homestart. If I can't start it on the drive myself with jump leads & a battery charger, then the last thing I want is someone to get it running so I can be stranded somewhere when it won't start to come home…..
I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....
(except air quality and Medical Science
)0 -
Mine was £144 they sent out renewal for 160 but I rang them and matched last years renewal includes Home start. We also have RAC as comes with our service and MOT for free. Dont really need AA but hubby insists on it.
21k savings no debt0 -
Tyvm for all the swift and useful replies.
The AA customer service dept are adamant this is correct pricing and they sent appropriate notice. Obviously I have immediately cancelled my subscription and will be getting the same service as a new bank account extra.
One final request, any thoughts on a possible route for recompense, though it seems unlikely to me.
Much appreciate your help, NM
0 -
conpensation based on what?
0 -
You've established you were paying way over what many others do, and have done the smart thing by taking your business elsewhere. Put it down to experience and never ever accept automatic renewals on anything without shopping around first.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
