We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

3 Royal mail parcels lost in a week

2»

Comments

  • savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 2,183
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 23 April at 8:03AM

    I'd guess it's implicit in the user agreement that you accept the compensation arrangements, or you don't post. However there must be a cutoff as on the two occasions I've claimed for (just) more than the value of 8 first class stamps I've received cheques.

    Years ago I worked in photo retail and we only accepted films for developing on the understanding the only value was the cost of the film, loss or damage was limited to a free film unless additional insurance was taken out.

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,508
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Ambassador

    I’ve always had cheques in the past regardless of the amount, anything g from £4 to £75 , this was the first time I’ve ever had stamps.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Krakkkers
    Krakkkers Posts: 1,366
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Well i just got 8 first class stamps which is about £14.4 value however i have no use for stamps as i use ebay postage system.

  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 38,271
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    you can sell them, but it tends to be at about 2/3 of the face value as a rule.

    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

    Pedant alert - it's could have not could of.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.