We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
My Experience Closing an Onestream Account – Repeated Errors & Contradictory Information
Posting this to help anyone else dealing with Onestream.
I recently closed my broadband account and the process was far more stressful than it needed to be. Despite being told the account was settled after paying the agreed final amount, I continued receiving:
- Contradictory emails
- Incorrect payment demands
- Threats of suspension
- Warnings about credit impact
- Charges that were later admitted to be errors
Each adviser told me something different, and every time I thought the issue was resolved, another message arrived saying the opposite. It took multiple calls and emails to get the account properly closed and the incorrect charges removed.
The case is now settled and I did receive compensation, but the amount of time and stress involved was completely unnecessary. If anyone else is dealing with similar issues, keep everything in writing and don’t hesitate to raise a formal complaint.
Comments
-
I’m just about to leave Onestream let’s see if they treat every customer with the same lack of respect
0 -
I have just left them . I used one touch switch to move to another provider. After I moved, I could still log into my Onestream account and have been credit for the period of time since moving broadband. I contacted them using the online chat, to chase the refund and it have been done. Contacted them again and asked if it is okay to cancel the direct debit and was told because have been refunded, I can now cancel it . Not done it yet though.
0 -
I've been with Onestream for a few years now - the actual broadband service is good but the customer service has always been subpar.
I didn't think it could get any worse but it appears that the CS is now based offshore, perhaps in India or suchlike?
It's actually managed to degrade even further and I think this may well be the last time I enter into a contract with them.
They do not do anything they say they will either.
I was on the Fibre 55 plan until end of Feb this year and was told they now only offer Fibre 40 or 80 at my address, conveniently, 55 has now been dropped. At my address I could achieve just over 50MB download speeds so it was fine for me.
No problem said the CS rep, you'll get the same speed on the 40 as you did on the 55!
I actually get 35/36 on the 40 so that was complete nonsense - they waffled their way through that with me supposedly achieving a higher than guaranteed lowest minimum speed for Fibre 55…. I could upgrade to 80 for £37 per month vs my £19.99…😣
They also managed to charge me an additional sum for my broadband and I gave a very clear explanation of where the error was introduced in their billing - they said they'd write back to me with a full explanation (crickets)
I got the bank involved and they returned the money.
Onestream have now initiated a further payment from a saved previous card. I spoke to the bank today and they have put that on hold for future payments but I'll need to dispute the pending charge, once it is completed.
I've no problems with the service but their people are useless.
0 -
I've just cancelled my 82 year old mother in laws contract. Went up from £27 to £40 within the contract! NOT EASY! Nothing in the 'cancellation email' telling you where to send the equipment. No details of the end date. No details of the last direct debit or how much.
All we got were emails saying why we shouldn't cancel🤷♂️🤷♂️. No other details.
They rang us and said we can give you a great deal. I told them that my mother in law does NOT use broadband anymore and the still tried to give us a 'deal'! I had to say why have a broadband deal when she does not use it.
So the cancellation process is set up to be hard for a bright and on the ball person! Certainly not for anybody who is easily put off or elderly!! Disgraceful and should not be allowed to get away with it.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
