We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Vodafone Fibre router questions

I'm now on Vodafone Fibre 500Mbps package and have been given their Power Hub router and have a couple of questions.

Firstly I can't find anywhere in the router settings where you can split or rename the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands, there is a section but it says disabled. I'm using the expert mode and connecting directly via 192.168.1.1 but can't see it anywhere. Am I missing something.

Also, where do I see the actual sync/connection speed. I was with Sky Fibre 150 and there was a single area where you could see the connection speed but with the Powerhub I see different speeds depending on which band and they seem to change, see below:

vodafone.JPG

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.