We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Solar G99 Export Limit "Fixed for 12 Months"
The G99 Connection Confirmation that I have received from my installer states:
"The stated Maximum Export Capacity (MEC) will be fixed for 12 months from the date of this letter unless increased by agreement between us, in which case the increased MEC will be fixed for a further 12 months from
the date of the increase."
This begs the question as to what happens after 12 months. Based on the letter alone, one might assume that after 12 months all limits are off. But I suspect there is some other legislation/agreement which restricts export in some way once the 12 months is up. In my case the limit is 3.68kW 👎 so I'm hoping the worst case scenario is that it falls back to the G98 limit of 3.68.
My installer is claiming surprise/ignorance and claims not to know, although they have agreed to apply for a higher limit during the 12 month period.
Can anyone shed any more light on this?
Thanks
Comments
-
Which DNO is this? The only time limit that SSEN gave us was for acceptance of the offer and final commissioning.
0 -
National Grid (South Wales)
0 -
Bit of a long shot, but could they mean 'the offer' is fixed, as in won't be removed. Giving you 12 months to install PV and confirm, under this notification?
Obviously it gets a bit more confusing with the 'offer' being 3.68kW, that can typically be assumed, but maybe a standard format? Just my thought/attempt at de-coding what is meant. Hopefully someone has seen/heard of this before, and can explain.
Mart. Cardiff. 8.72 kWp PV systems (2.12 SSW 4.6 ESE & 2.0 WNW). 28kWh battery storage. Two A2A units for cleaner heating. Two BEV's for cleaner driving.
For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.0 -
I have the exact same text in my DNO (NG) connection confirmation letter, so it's clearly a standard boilerplate letter. No idea what it means, though.
But this isn't related to the 90 day period to install stated in the 'offer' letter.
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Benefits & tax credits, Heat pumps and Green & Ethical MoneySaving forums. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.1 -
Thanks for the replies. It did get me thinking. I'm sure I've seen somewhere that if you don't use up to the limit then they lower the limit to what you do use (generate). Maybe it is related to that. More appropriate to large scale solar than residential, but if it's a standard clause maybe it just gets left in.
1 -
I have no idea either. The fact it's in the letter confirming connection means you have already connected that generating equipment and the offer was the maximum they could allow at the time.
I wondered if it implied you shouldn't reapply for a higher limit within 12 months as the answer would be that what has been approved is fixed for 12 months. IOW apply for and install what you want now, and don't come back to us for more in 6 months.
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Benefits & tax credits, Heat pumps and Green & Ethical MoneySaving forums. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
