We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Cynergy Bank ISA

Probably my mistake, but I was wondering if anyone else has had similar.

I put my last payment into my ISA on 1st April however it stated as being deposited on 7th April.

It left my account on 1st April at 8:52, all other payments have been made on the same day and 1st April was a Wednesday and not a public holiday of any sort.

I'm guessing that there is something in their Ts and Cs which says that your last deposit needs to be paid in by 31st March? I cannot find it though. Just a bit annoying that's all as I missed maxing out my ISA.

Comments

  • El_Torro
    El_Torro Posts: 2,351 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    This isn't all that surprising, given that the 3rd to the 6th of April were all either bank holidays or weekend days.

    A quick search tells me that payments made after 7pm might register on the next working day. I assume you made the payment at 8:52am but even if it was 8:52pm it should have gone into your account by the 2nd of April. Might be worth giving them a ring to see what they can do about it.

  • aussie_in_wales
    aussie_in_wales Posts: 115 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Hi thanks for you reply. It was 8:52am.on 1st April. I thought I'd given myself enough time. I'll get in touch with them tomorrow and see why it was dated 7th April.

    Thank you

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.