We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Trading 212 Annual Bonus

Hi,

I am currently having a debate with T212 as I was expecting an annual bonus. Their AER is 3.6% and as a new customer I was expecting the additional bonus which took the overall to just over 4%.

Having contacted them they said it was for new customers, which I am a new customer and that I'd had the account for 2 years which I have not. Furthermore, I used the link on here to setup the account.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,379 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Ever had an account (now closed) in the past?

  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 4,248 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    What product are you talking about?

    When did you apply and through what link?

    When did you fund the account and was it entirely new money?

    It sounds as if you have previously registered with them.

    Their latest Cash ISA Promo rate with moneyfactscompare is 3.6% + 1.01% bonus for 12 months, well above your quoted "just over 4%"

  • It is a cash ISA. The offer came through this website and that is the link that I used to register.

    Yes, it was new money.

  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 4,248 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    My friend opened one last Friday with a zero balance that showed 3.6% and the site gave a window to fund it which she did yesterday and it now shows 4.58% as expected.

    If they have you registered 2 years ago then you've maybe forgotten some past interaction.

  • Mystery solved. The devil is in the detail as they say…………..

    I set up the account and didn't make the initial deposit within the 10 days so 3.6% on £80K. Not impressed so I will now transfer out to something better.

  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 4,248 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    You also missed the part that to get the bonus it has to be a new subscription for the tax year.

    If someone opens an account today they can put in £20,000 of new cash for 26/27 and get the bonus rate on that amount but anything transferred in will only get 3.6%

    As always, you need to read the detail, not impressed that you didn't, LOL!

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.