We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Zopa boosted Access ISA pot - flexible loophole?

Zopa is offering a 0.5% boost for opening a new Access ISA pot before 5 May

I already have an ISA with them, and have added the pot but I can't transfer money from existing pots to the new boosted rate - the app goes through the motions but gives an error at the final step.

The terms on their website say "You can deposit up to £20,000. Money moved from existing Zopa ISA won't qualify." so this is what I'd expect, though it could be handled better in the app.

BUT the Zopa ISA is a flexible ISA so you can take out and replace money, including from previous years' allowance. This seems like a loophole in that I can take out from the existing Zopa ISA to another bank, and then put it back in to the boosted pot.
Am I missing anything?

(I'm aware there are other better rates generally, but like that Zopa has been consistently good - if not top - over the years.)

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.