We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Deferring S&S Isa and multiple cash ISAs..Thoughts ?

As this will be the last year I can put full the full £20 K into cash ISA's, I am considering this…

I normally drip feed into a S&S ISA monthly about £250, plus a few adhoc buys, leaving me £15K to put into Cash. However , this year I am considering drip feeding outside of the ISA wrapper and using up my full £20K allowance in cash, then switching what I have drip fed into S&S into an ISA wrapper next year…Make sense ?

Also I usually just pick a Cash ISA provider at the start of the financial year and put the bulk of what I anticpate I will add that year early on. As I think rates may creep up through the year , could I open successive cash ISAs in tranches of £5K with different providers as long as I don't exceed my £20K ?

TIA

Over £2K made from bank switches and P2P incentives since 2016 :beer:

Comments

  • Angelica123
    Angelica123 Posts: 405 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    I am not sure there's much benefit in doing this.

    What are your goals with regards to cash Vs S&S? How much cash do you want saved in a cash ISA over next few years? How much do you want in a S&S ISA. Do you have much in either cash or S&S that isn't within the ISA umbrella.

    #24 Save 12k in 2026
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 32,571 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Also I usually just pick a Cash ISA provider at the start of the financial year and put the bulk of what I anticpate I will add that year early on. As I think rates may creep up through the year , could I open successive cash ISAs in tranches of £5K with different providers as long as I don't exceed my £20K ?

    No problem with that. Some providers allow you to open multiple new ISAs with new money with them, as an alternative to using different providers.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.