We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Help with oil cost April 1 2026

2»

Comments

  • feduptoo
    feduptoo Posts: 67
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    I have just checked again (I monitor the prices every day) The £700+ price is for delivery in 20 days. To get a delivery on Monday would be £898! That is ridiculous 😡

  • feduptoo
    feduptoo Posts: 67
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Thanks for sharing, that will be good for people in that area to know. Each council has its own criteria. I now have my voucher codes but have to collect the cash. The one you shared pays into a bank account. That would be much better for me but they said they can't do it.

  • KiaraDog25
    KiaraDog25 Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Post
    Newbie

    Peterborough City Council have an on-line form, I applied on Saturday morning and have a code to collect £250 cash from the post office. I will pay it straight into the bank account while I am there.

    Criteria was less than £1000 savings. 3 months of statements sent (nobody asked if it was my only account, in my case it is but…)

    Proof of quote/order since March 1

    Use of heating oil to heat and hot water.

  • feduptoo
    feduptoo Posts: 67
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    It is crazy, I felt humiliated. I have pension credit and that is supposed to be a qualifying criteria. Bank statements would have nailed it. I even forgot to add the cost of oil! I still haven't been able to collect it and still don't have any oil. I'm glad you were more successful and hope you get an early delivery.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.