We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Air fuel surcharges
Comments
-
If there is an extended delay with return flights, PTR only require 3 days accommodation to be provided by the tour operator
0 -
You have to remember that in the 70,s cheques were still commonly used , you had to put your bank card details on the back to guarantee them plus as it was on the onward journey of the holiday you would not like to upset the airline ,we only took the £50 cash but loads of people i spoke to risked taking more hid in their suitcases etc.
0 -
Cheque guarantee cards were only introduced in the late 1970s, after Harold Wilson had retired.
1 -
They were introduced in 1965 and became became an industry standard by 1969.
0 -
with a limit of £30.
0 -
I cannot remember how we had to pay ,it was over 50 years ago but thought that we would need all of the £50 we were allowed to take out of the country.
0 -
Going back to fuel surcharges… I've just searched flights on BA.com and there appears to be a "carrier Imposed Surcharge" of £532 per passenger for return flights to the USA. I even tested it on flights next year and the same charge was listed. Is this in response to the Aviation fuel issues do you think?
0 -
Carrier Imposed surcharge is the YQ tax in a breakdown of costs (If you look at a route in ITA matrix it will show you a full breakdown of a ticket price and taxes) I may misremember but I believe it was previously knows as Fuel Surcharge but when fuel prices reduced they changed the name of it.
It has been around for many years and is nothing new.
As someone that previously used miles redemptions I had a theory that this was to devalue the miles / make customers pay more as the redemption only covers the base fare and you still pay all the taxes and fees
0 -
No, BA have been levying these charges for years.
0 -
I understand Virgin have increased economy fares by £50 today and over £300 for Upper class seats. Needless to say, when fuel falls in price I wouldn't expect the surcharge to be withdrawn, they tebd to be one way only, up!
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
