We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Zopa never again

I have a Zopa ISA maturing early April. I have initiated a transfer asking for it to be made on maturity. It has been rejected and on speaking to them I've been told I have to wait until the maturity to give the instruction or pay a breakage charge.

I have never experienced this before I told the agent it was not normal practice, my other ISA maturing at the same time with another bank has had the transfer out accepted. She seemed to agree that Zopa are out of sync. I will not be using them again.

Comments

  • mebu60
    mebu60 Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    What company is managing the transfer-in? Are you absolutely sure you ticked the right box on their form about actioning on maturity? If you did can you be sure the transferring-in provider has actioned it correctly?

  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 4,248 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Just because you've not had the situation before doesn't mean that Zopa are in the wrong, there is no normal practice, each company can set their own rules.

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,379 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Every ISA manager has their quirks (or "unique features"). I pick an ISA primarily because it has the best interest rate, anything else gets consideration after this.

    If Zopa's restriction outweighs all other considerations for you then so be it.

  • GMeeg
    GMeeg Posts: 16 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper

    Yes I spoke to them and also to Zopa. I accept they can choose their own procedures but it is definitely not the norm.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.