We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Misold PPI confimred but now what?

Hello. Looking for advice from anyone who might be able to help. Black Horse has confirmed via letter that they have mi-sold me PPI on two of my car loans.
They have said they would be in touch in 28 days, but keep delaying my response to me. It's now been 2 years since they have confirmed and not yet actioned anything for next steps. I didn't go through a third party to make a claim, I wish I did. Can anyone help, what should I do now? Send help.

Comments

  • MSE_ForumTeam5
    MSE_ForumTeam5 Posts: 1,444
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Community Admin

    Are you sure we're talking about PPI here? I think this is more likely to be to do with discretionary commission arrangements (DCA) - if so, we'll move it across to the Reclaim car finance section of the Forum.

    Official MSE Forum Team member. Please use the 'report' button to alert us to problem posts, or email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 121,891
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

     I didn't go through a third party to make a claim, I wish I did. 

    Why do you think using a CMC would have changed anything? They have no ability to overrule the FCA.

    Can anyone help, what should I do now

    Nothing. You wait along with everyone else until the FCA publishes its final report and reopens the complainst process.

    Black Horse has confirmed via letter that they have mi-sold me PPI on two of my car loans.

    Did they actually say you were missold? They don't normally go as far as that. They normally state whether it was subject to DCA or not.

    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.