We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Vodafone offer via MSE is a con?
Tried on several occasions now over the last few days to sign up to a new Vodafone broadband contract as promoted by MSE, paying £23 per month, equivalent to £18.50 per month with £155 giftcard; despite being available in my area I get an error message every single time, requesting that I phone Vodafone - but then they just offer their standard tariffs, which are more expensive, and of course no gift card. Is Vodafone just offering a promotion via MSE that they will not honour?? I feel conned…
Comments
-
“Con” implies some level of fraud which isn’t the case here.
Just double checked the link though and the gift card link isn’t working for me either.
have you tried escalating it?
“Please email furtherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com with full details.”
All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.
Pedant alert - it's could have not could of.2 -
Try Topcashback for further cashback
0 -
Yes, "con" is a bit harsh, but I haven't received the gift card nor a sensible reply from giftcloud, Voda's agents. Apparently they are "currently experiencing an unusually high volume of mail".
I contacted them on 7 April, providing full information and got a confirmation saying that they normally reply within 48 hours. Since its now 5 May they aren't living up to that and undermine one's confidence in Voda with their tardiness.
I have followed up with giftcloud again, but were ignored. Clearly I am not forgetting the promised £120 gift card switch inducement.
Good call Elsien on the furtherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com suggestion, my next port of call before Voda.
0 -
Unfortunately it turns out MSE don't want to help either. After some AI email interaction, I get an email back saying basically you're on your own, just look at the website (below).
So MSE promote an offer with Vodafone, but when you take it up MSE takes no responsibility and Vodafone leaves you to waste your time with its shoddy third party. Great reputation management, not.
Not a good look for either party, so now I face the prospect of wasting time encouraging Vodafone to fulfill its obligation.
——The MSE site has over 10 million users, so sadly, neither Martin nor the MSE Team can answer MoneySaving questions personally, and we can’t provide one-on-one help. All of the information we have is on the site
0 -
I would complain to both Vodafone and complaints@moneysavingexpert.com
1 -
I am on the annoying Voda chat thing at the moment. MSE has instructed its AI email to say it can't / won't help, per the quote in my earlier message
0 -
I spent over two hours in chat with Vodafone, plus a call to their call centre. Their line is that the gift card is MSE's responsibility not theirs.
I have emailed complaints@moneysavingexpert.com and will write to Vodafone customer services in the hope that someone will own this.
Either way it leaves a bitter taste, regardless of a third party contractor (giftcloud - acquired from Groupon, Inc.) having been contracted by one or both of the parties to provide the card.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

