We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Paying HL ISA fees

I periodically top up my HL account with a few £ to cover the fees on my stocks & shares ISA, the money sits separately from the ISA and fees are paid from this.
However I’ve noticed that any amount I top up with comes off that years ISA allowance.

Is there a way to fund the fees without it affecting my allowance please?

Comments

  • JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 4,047
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I have a GIA sitting alongside my S&S ISA and the dividends earned in that pay my fees. I make sure that those dividends are, themselves, free of tax by keeping them below £500 p.a.

    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £325 of £366
  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 4,261
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    When I was with HL there was option, somewhere in deep in the menu, to pay the fees by Debit Card and that never went to my annual allowance.

    Laterly, I had dividends automatically reinvested and the fees were taken from the cash balance where the dividends were held.

  • DavidT67
    DavidT67 Posts: 697
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    You should select the appropriate setting to have ISA & LISA fees collected from the uninvested cash in your fund and shares account.

    Portfolio overview | Account Settings | Fees | Fees Collection | Edit Options | Collect from outside account where possible.

  • LeadFarmer
    LeadFarmer Posts: 109
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Thank you for this, I have just gone into my account and made the amendments so it now looks like this....

    Screenshot 2026-03-18 at 20.22.07.png
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.